Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fight the School Lunch Boredom!

If I make another peanut butter and something sandwich, I am going to scream!

All last year my first grader only asked for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, my fourth grader asked for only peanut butter and honey and my 6th grader asked for just plain peanut butter sandwiches. Seriously! Everyday!

So this year I am going for it....peanut butter as seldom as possible, maybe not at all!! Well, let's not get too crazy.

So as I googled for some ideas today, I stumbled upon The Hillbilly Housewife blog. I'm from the south, so that title cracked me up! So here is her list for school lunch ideas to beat the boredom of pbj:
*Tuna salad w/ celery
*Egg Salad w/ pickles
*Chicken Salad w/ raisins
*Baloney and cheese w/ mustard, may
*Turkey and cranberry sauce
*Fried spam and cheese
*Fried canned corned beef & sauerkraut
*Meatballs in hotdog bun w/ marinara
*Meatloaf w/ tomato slices
*BLT
*Bacon and fried eggs
*Fried Baloney and fried eggs
*Sloppy Joes
*Turkey and Bacon and bean sprouts
*Sliced cucumbers and butter
*Sliced Cucumbers and cream cheese
*Cream cheese and jelly
*Sausage and Egg biscuit
*Egg and cheese sandwich
*Pork bbq and coleslaw
*Roast beef and horseradish
*beef and swiss cheese
*beef and cream cheese
*Roast beef and fried onions/mushrooms
*Fried hamburger and onions and cheese
*burritos w/ beef or beans and cheese
*Tacos
*Quesadilla
*Baloney, mayo and pineapple ring
*cream cheese and minced peppers
*baked beans w/ pickle relish
*hamburger w/ fixings
*corn dogs
*hot dogs w/ chili
*hot dogs w/ cheese
*hot dogs w/ coleslaw
*chopped chicken and bbq sauce
*ham salad w/ pickles
*fajitas w/ beef or chicken
*baloney, mustard and sprouts wrapped in tortilla
*fried chicken
*leftover pizza
*chef salad
*pasta and meat salad
*bbq chicken
*ribs
*chicken teriyaki
*boiled eggs

Now some of those my kids would love and some might get a raised eyebrow...

But we all need some help thinking outside the luchbox sometimes.
So for now, I'm stocking up on ideas, brown paper bags and containers that the kids could throw away at school, like butter tubs, cream cheese tubs, etc.

Can't wait to see what Margie posts tomorrow...she finds the BEST deals!
See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment