Monday, July 26, 2010

Before and After (B and A)

Woohoo! Its before and after week here on The Girls Take On and we are ready to start some changing!

Since my family just moved, I've got alot of before stuff to do. As the movers were packing up our stuff in California, I threw away all our crappy fake wood bookcases. So when we got here to Kansas, that was one of the first things we needed to replace.

My friend Meredith and I hit an estate sale-furniture shop and made out like a bandit! For $200.36 I got 2 real wood bookcases, a huge old stained glass window, a wooden crown piece, long wooden bench for my dining room table and a new piano bench. Not too bad, eh?





So here are the bookcases before the books were on them:





And here they are w/ the books. In the pic on the left, you can see the bench that I bought as well! I'm not sure if I'm done with these bookshelves or not, I might paint them, so its possible this could be another before pic later on in the week! :)

So now tell us, what are you going to do over? Something small like bookcases? Or maybe something huge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment